What are dental cleanings?
Dental cleanings are vital to your overall oral health and are a key step in preventing tooth decay. At GNO Dental Care, dental cleanings are performed by one of our kind dental hygienists under the supervision and guidance of Dr. Shelly Barone. Dental cleanings are provided during your initial visit to our office and during your biannual checkup appointments. During a dental cleaning, we will:
- Examine each tooth for signs of decay or disease
- Thoroughly clean, dry, and polish each tooth
- Apply topical fluoride as a preventive measure
- Ensure existing dental restorations need no repairs
- Check for signs of periodontal (gum) disease
- Take a series of dental X-rays
- Review your dental history and discuss your questions
Why are dental cleanings important?
There are many reasons why dental cleanings are important to the health and beauty of your smile. Dental cleanings allow us to begin diagnosing your smile and planning treatments for any existing conditions, while preventing new decay and damage from emerging. It is also a great time to get to know our friendly dentist and to become more confident in your dental healthcare decisions. We look forward to working with you and your family. Schedule your teeth cleaning in Metairie, Louisiana, today to get started on the road to a healthier smile.